Thursday, June 11, 2015

Courage

The greatest thing that I have learned from being an instructor, is to be brave.  It can be incredibly daunting to stand in front of a class and try to convey your message in a way that is interesting and engaging.  Especially when the class may not be interested in what you have to say or it might not be at a time in the semester when they recognize the value of the information.

The strength and courage that I have gleaned from the process of teaching has helped me in every other aspect of my life.  It helps me to be brave when faced with a difficult situation.  It also forces me to never give up.  To ameliorate, to strive for 'bigger and better', to truly seek life-long learning.  It compels me to step out on that stage time and time again, even though I am nervous, even though it would be easier not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment