Tuesday, June 10, 2014

dress code = pajamas?

The next quick take session I attended was about teleworking, a topic close to my heart... as I worked from home between 2006 - 2009 (and yes, I did work in my pajamas sometimes). 

The presenter spoke of the mandate of her company to reduce greenhouses gases, so they encourage all employees to work from home at least one day a week.  The company offers a flexible schedule that they believe improves morale and helps to attract and retain staff. 

Staff members participate online in meetings through Link, which enables video conferencing and chat. 

Considerations: technical issues as well as social issue such as: out of sight, out of mind and the challenge of building relationships with your co-workers.  The presenter encouraged enlisting small talk and similar check-ins with your colleagues that build connections even at a distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment